Higher Ed’s Bridge to Nowhere.
The numbers are sobering.
- Not even 1 in 10 community college students who start in remediation will make it to graduation day in three years.
- Just over a third of remedial students at 4-year schools will graduate in six years.
We can and must do better.
- See the most comprehensive data ever released on remediationprograms in America: the system has failed our students.
- Learn how rebuilt college-level gateway courses can provide students the just-in-time support they need to succeed. Developmental education should be provided as a corequisite to full college credit, not a prerequisite.
- Read the Associated Press coverage of our new national report, Remediation: Higher Education’s Bridge to Nowhere.
Our Alliance of States is now 30 strong.
Is your governor reinventing higher education?