The California Community Colleges (CCC) and the California State University (CSU) have launched a new website that provides comprehensive information about the new Associate Degree for Transfer pathway that lets students earn an associate degree and a bachelor’s degree, with no wasted units.
The key features of the ADegreeWithAGuarantee.com include:
- Complete details on how the new transfer pathway works
- Up-to-date information about the transfer majors available at CCC campuses that are matched to similar BA degrees at CSU campuses
- Interactive maps that help students find a campus
- Application information
- A degree progress checklist
- Testimonials from students who have earned an Associate Degree for Transfer and have successfully transferred to a CSU campus
The California Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act, which became law in 2010, requires the CCC and CSU to collaborate on the creation of the Associate Degree to Transfer initiative. Upon earning the degree, students will be guaranteed admission to a CSU campus with junior standing. While not guaranteed admission to their campus of choice, students will be given priority consideration for admission to a CSU campus that offers a program that has been designated as “similar” by CSU. Once enrolled at CSU, students will be able to complete a bachelor’s degree with no more than 60 additional units.